Monday, May 16, 2005

Gene Pool

I spent my Saturday at a birthday party for a 1 year old. What happens at a 1 year old birthday party? Not much. At this age I think the party is really for the parents. A kind of celebration that they kept this little creature alive for one year and that they in turn survived.

I am not much into kiddie parties. We don’t have many friends who have kids and I have never been one of those oohhh-ing and awww-ing kinds of people. Actually, I normally run the other direction when I see babies/kids. I have been working on this and hope that I have much more maternal instinct when the baby/kid belongs to me. Anyway, what I noticed at this party, and not quiet sure why I had not noticed before, is how much little kids really look like their mom and dads. They are little morphs of both parents. Exactly like they do in Star magazine every week. You know, this is what
Demi and Ashton’s baby will look like. I guess I noticed this cause I am super curious about what our little alien is going to look like. Which parts of me and which parts of Rich are going to end up in her? And how was that all decided? Did my gene pool and Rich’s gene pool duke it out with Rich’s eyes beating mine in the final round? Let’s hope that his height gene kicked my height gene ass!

No comments: