Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Catch-Up

I cannot believe it has been 10 days since I posted. I really need to be more dedicated to this. I bought one of those pregnancy journals. I spent way too long filling. I followedg the directions and filled in all the dates, starting in the back with my due date and working forward. I have not touched it since I did this. Some good that journal is doing me now. So, knowing I was not being a very good Mom to be, I figured if I at least wrote in this Blog I would have something to look back on.

What has happened in the past 10 days?

1. I have endured 7 monotonous, long days of work.
2. My husband has not been home before 8pm –I barely see him during the week except for sharing the bathroom in the morning.
3. According to my scale this morning I have gained 4 pounds for a total of 11.
4. Number 3 caused me to almost start crying last night while on the phone with my hubby. I need to figure out a way to deal with this better…I still have 5 months of weight gain ahead of me.
5. I played poker a couple of times but only won once.
6. I played golf – I never win and my husband always subtracts strokes while filling out the score card.
7. One day it was 87 degrees here. Unfortunately, it was a work day.
8. I was supposed to leave for Hawaii on Saturday with friends but bailed when I found out I was pregnant. The trip no longer had the same allure as before now that drinking Pina Coladas all day was no longer on my itinerary. Not to mention my pregnant ass in a bathing suit.
9. I think about my friends in Hawaii every day and wish I was there.
10. My hubby and I went to the local production of “A Chorus Line”.
11. We went to the beach and had brunch with friends.
12. My husband bought me perfume that he picked out. There is nothing better then wearing something that you know your significant other loves the smell of.
13. I went to a maternity shop.
14. I am still not wearing maternity clothes.
15. I no longer love all the catalogs that I receive in the mail. I now despise them and throw them directly into the recycle bin. There is nothing fun about looking through catalogs of cute spring clothes knowing that you cannot wear any of them.
16. My hubby has asked me almost every day if I have felt the baby yet.
17. I have not felt the baby yet.
18. I am super excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. (Hopefully we will find out in 2 weeks at our next ultrasound).
19. I have watched endless hours of reality TV – thank you Tivo!
20. I watched “Conception to Birth” on Discovery. I now understand better how I am going to get this baby through my pelvis – it is not going to be easy on either or us (me and alien…not me and hubby).
21. I thought about going to Yoga (maybe next week).
22. My hubby and I have agreed on a girl name. Still debating on a boy name.
23. I asked my husband not to tell everyone the name we have picked out. I am sure he will have a very hard time with this. I don’t want to know what other people think about the name we have picked out. And, what if we end up changing our minds at the last minute?
24. I have had no ‘feeling’ about whether my alien is a boy or a girl. I have not really thought about since I don’t care at all as long as he/she is healthy.
25. I found that I am addicted to Mexican food. Mostly burritos. Thinking about it, that sounds great for dinner tonight!
26. I also crave Coca-Cola (full strength, not Diet), Sour Patch Kids, Cold Stone Ice Cream, and Cheeseburgers. Notice that I am not craving anything healthy…hence the 11 pounds.
27. I packed up all of my size 6/small clothes. I bought big plastic bins at Wal-Mart so that once my clothes is in storage I will easily be able to see what is inside.
28. I am still feeling great.

No comments: