Friday, February 25, 2005

Lunch babble

This afternoon I had lunch with one of my girlfriends.
She asked me how I was feeling and I said fine. Cause I am feeling fine. Just super tired today. Why am I so tired on a Friday? I don’t care about being tired on a Monday, but a Friday? Not a good way to start the weekend.

We chatted about our plans for the weekend and I told her about my quest to find pants that fit. Pants that reduce the amount of time it takes me to get dressed in the morning. I told her I was dreading going to a maternity shop. To which she replied, “oh no, you don’t need to wear maternity clothes yet, you are not even showing”.

For some reason this made me a little mad.
Not because she said I wasn’t showing because with the nice big sweater I am wearing today, even if I was, you could not tell. But because I felt like she was just not understanding my pain. She did not understand just how uncomfortable the one pair of jeans that actually fit me are. How by the end of the day I drive home with one or more button undone. How as soon as I get home I take them off and put on my comfy fleece pants. And how, pulling my freshly dried jeans out of the dryer this morning, I had to cross my fingers that I could get the top button fastened.

Are maternity pants going to be the answer to my agony?
I don’t know but like they say, don’t knock it til you try it.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Smitty, Thanks for the comments! I actually bought a pair of jeans that I think look pretty cute. I still need to model them for hubby but he has been super supportive and thinks I look great in anything!